Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hawaiian word of the day


Just a quick post for today, getting my last minute stuff packed for my trip tomorrow....but I still wanted to write a little bit today....


instead of just a word, I am picking a phrase that I use ALL the time ( as well as pretty much every Hawaiian or local person uses), so not taking the credit for this one, just sharing for those who might not know it...


The phrase is:


a hui hou (ah-who-ee-ho) pretty much means until next time, or until we meet again.


hui -can mean a gathering

hou- means again


so if you break it down it means to gather again....or in plain English, until we see each other, or meet again...


pretty simple phrase (& one I use ALL the time...) I end most of my e-mails with this (even to my non-Hawaiian friends...)


Anywho, don't think I'll get a chance to blog this weekend, so I'll share my DC adventures when I get back!


A hui hou!!!!-Tina

No comments: