Wednesday, March 26, 2008
& some happy belated wishes to :
(my bro-in-law) Steve who's 38th b-day was March 3rd
(my niece, Steve's daughter) Nicole who turned 9 on March 10th
( my nephew) Josh who turned 18 (woo-hoo, you gettin OLD boyeee) also on the 10th
(my niece) Nina who turned 25 on March 16th
then my youngest daughter Jade will be the big 5 on Friday March 28th & she shares her birthday with my #2 brother Ira (who will be older than dirt) also on Friday the 28th...
...hope I got everyone, LOTS of birthdays this month, so
HAU'OLI LA HANAU TO ALL!!!!
the mu'u mu'u I am hoping to get though is a white on white print ( will show you what I mean about that, if you're not sure what I mean by white-on-white...) so it looks just like the one we already have in green...style-wise that is....
Sizes are as follows:
S M L XL 2X 3X
Bust: 32" 34" 36" 38" 40" 42"
waist:30" 32" 34" 36" 38" 40"
Hip: 36" 38" 40" 42" 44" 46"
Length: 51" 52" 53" 54" 55" 56"
anywho, will talk more about everything when I get there, hope everyone either drives safely, (or for those of us flying...) hope your flight goes well, can't wait to see everyone...
other than that, hope everyone had a wonderful Easter as well, things were nice here, no rush to go anywhere, didn't have to cook for an army ( kinda sad about that though...) I mean, ended up making a ham, & some potato-mac salad, veggies, dessert & then thought, wow this can't be enough, but then Jeff tells me "hey, there's only 5 of us...who are you cooking for?" I guess I will eventually learn I don't have to make tons of food for just us...(if that made any sense..) just miss all my garbage dispossal ohana ( & you know who YOU are....) Just kidding, but we have been missing all the ohana especially during the holidays....anywho, mahalo to Barb for introducing us to the "plastic" Easter egg hunt....we use to dye all the hard boiled eggs, then try to get up before the kiddies do & have the "Easter Bunny" hide all the eggs & all that rot....well this time, we used your plastic egg method & man it was SOOO much easier to hide everything the night before while the little monkeys were asleep....that way they just went nuts the next morning & we didn't have to worry about not waking them up the night before....& the girlies liked having eggs to open with little goodies inside, I mean they still love hard boiled eggs, but finding little toys, jewelery, & money was WAYYYY better to them...normally whoever found the most eggs, got to open their baskets first, but they all made sure they found the same amount & then Jazzi & Jade decided that Boo should get her basket first ( it was shockingly cute...no fights or anything...) I was wondering what happened to my REAL kids!
Anywho, enough babble about Easter...have to go pack & round up everything for the weekend....malama pono to all & see you soon!
me ke aloha,
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
well, it was a rather crazy weekend here with the weather. We were lucky enough to only get some rain & a beautiful lightning storm, but the downtown Atlanta area wasn't so lucky...sadly a tornado DID touchdown right in the heart of the city. The Georgia dome, Centennial Park, convention center (which a home show was supposed to be taking place this weekend) the CNN building, as well as anything else in between, was struck. I mean if you've seen the news, I'm sure you've heard all about it already.
Anycrap, things are pretty quiet down here for St. Patty's day, I guess there was supposed to be a parade & of course that was cancelled, but even despite the freak weather, I don't think it's a well celebrated event down here anyways...
Well, other than a stormy weekend, it has been pretty nice since Sunday. Started to do stuff in the yard, brought the plants outside to get some sun, kids have been out playing & enjoying the weather, started some spring cleaning...stuff like that ( yes, it's been sunny for the past 2 days now...) but we are supposed to get some more storms tomorrow ( again on a hula day....go fig...)
have been working on hula stuff all day today (mostly competition stuff...) sending out e-mails to the people running it about ticket info, a practice schedule ( which they were supposed to send me already...) plus contacting the musicians about questions I had...stuff like that, follow ups on questions that have been out there for a while now....guess I'm not the only one who runs on Hawaiian time....
Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
but anywho, speaking of a sense of humor...I was also Tagged a while back & completely forgot about it, so figured, there's no better time than now to answer it back. ( & by the who, the picture monger & the tagger, are two different people....so really nothing to do with each other, just didn't feel like typing another entry.....) :)
Anycrap here goes:
Kim at still meadow quilts tagged me a while back & I'm finally listing the 7 random/weird things about me:
Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
gee ONLY 7 huh? Well, I'll try to narrow it down....
1. I have 2 tattoos...( & plan on getting more in the near future....) & unless you were with me when I got them, or happen to see me in hula costumes, or WITHOUT a costume :) you'd probably never know I have them (even my mother didn't know about the first one for a couple of years, until one day when I forgot to get some theater makeup to cover it up when we had a hula show...well...need I say more?)
2. I play the ukulele....some of my haumana know this one already. I'm not ready to cut a CD or anything like that, but have played for some shows (to kill time...) & if I was unable to find a decent recording of a song I wanted to teach, I have played it for classes....maybe not very well, but good enough to practice, But I have been practicing here & getting somewhat better at it ( at least Jeff doesn't snicker out loud anymore....)
3. have also been teaching myself how to play guitar (ok, even Jeff didn't know this one....so posting it here, cause, who really reads this stuff?) :)
4. I actually did record a CD....ok, the whole mess started with my brother David. He wanted to go & cut a CD & I honestly can't remember why....but he asked if I'd go for support, well support came in the form of..."well, you're gonna sing too...aren't you?" So we went to a studio & made a stupid disc & sadly the only people who really heard it has been friends & family ( & anybody else, my brother, father & husband made copies for...) But mysteriously they have disappeared here & there & I hope to someday find the original so it won't just show up at anymore family gatherings!
5. Hello, my name is Tina & I am a coffee-a-holic...I know, neither random, or weird....just the plain truth! I have at least a pot a day (REALLY!)
6. I still cannot stand the color Pink....I don't know why? Thought I'd get over it especially after having 3 daughters...BUT NOOOOO, whenever somebody gave us something pink...well, we MIGHT have used it...we might not have....who's to say for sure?
7. I LOVE Family Guy!!! I mean, who doesn't? in fact Family Guy & Doctor Who are probably the only 2 shows I really watch anymore.
ok Kim, hope that works for this tag & instead of tagging 7 people, I'll just go & "TAG" whoever wants to be tagged. If you feel like writing about 7 random/weird things on your blog...then consider yourself tagged...if not, well, it's not like you'll get 7 years of bad luck or anything like that (besides, I know people have been tagging you back, so how many more random things can ya possibly type? ) :)
Well, gotta finish making dinner & get ready for hula class ( usually have class on Wednesday nights, but it was switched to today this week....) Anywho, have a wonderful day!