Thursday, February 28, 2008

hey check this out....

Kim from Daisy Cottage posted the heart I sent her. She had posted that she wanted some hearts to have in her home & I said I wanted to send her one & she got it & has put them into a bowl (with many others who have sent her some too...) It just kinda neat to see them all together, so many different kinds , but all having the same meaning to add some love & warmth to her home! I think it was a great idea (& glad she liked it too....) Anywho, go check out her blog if you get a chance....

Other than that, going to go visit my cousin in DC this weekend. He is a kumu hula from Keaukaha Hawaii ( my mom's home town...) He has a halau there & also has one in the San Fransico Area & Washington DC area. He has been doing some workshops in DC & I was supposed to go visit last month, but the weather was terrible & it was impossible to make it there ( at least impossible while trying to fly standby with employee tickets that is...) So needless to say, I'm going to try to make it up there this weekend (knocking on wood as I type this...) So hopefully there'll be no freak snowstorm or anything like that to make flying miserable again. His name is Paul Neves and this is the link to his halau's website. He's actually married to my cousin Wanda, so we're related through marriage, but I still think of him as my cousin too! Wanda & I have been very close since I first met her (when I was 9 years old...) I know that sounds odd, what do you mean met your cousin when you were 9?...but that was the first time I went to Hawaii & we (my brother's & I ) finally got to meet my mother's side of the family. She started working for United Air Lines when I was 9 & before that, we knew she was from a small Hawaiian homestead on the Big Island of Hawaii, but never really met any of her side of the family ( well, other than my cousin Thomas...whom I am still very close to as well...he came to Chicago when I was 7 for my brother's wedding....)anycrap, I grew very attached to Thomas & Wanda, because we all danced hula & even though we all had different teachers, with different styles, we always managed to dance well together (as if we have done so since we were born...) Wanda married Paul & the rest is history! Anywho, Paul also came from a different school of hula, yet one of his first teachers was my mom's Aunty, so it's all just a big circle that seems to connect back together.

Didn't mean to go into a rant, but it is what I do best....

Anycrap, don't know how I went from showing off a heart I sent to another blogger to talking about hula with my cousins, but it probably doesn't surprise any of you who know me :) everything leads back to hula with me & it's all good!

Anywho, that's enough babble for today! Have a wonderful day & a hui hou

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Tina! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You're now entered in both drawings! I've been to Hawaii three times; what a beautiful, beautiful state! My BFF, Dale, who lives in the Sierra Nevada foothills, is also Hawaiian, is very active in Hula and is just a darned nice person! She and her Hula sisters took 2nd place in national competition in Honolulu a couple years ago. I keep telling her she needs to start blogging!!! Hugs, Sher