Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

HAPPY 2009!!!

OK, why do we do this to ourselves every year? I mean, I know we all have good intentions, when it comes to making resolutions, but I know, I tend to make them & sadly they fall apart as quickly as they were made! But this year, instead of making typical resolutions ( ya know, like, lose 50 pounds....lose 20 pounds....lose A POUND....) this time, I am trying to just make simple changes in my life ( A.K.A. baby steps...) so here's a list of things I will seriously attempt to do this year:

1. Blog more often...even if it's just dribble, I kinda liked babbling online (even though I took a few month break...it was rather fun to get things off my chest...kinda like keeping a diary I suppose....)

2. Keep in touch better with friends & family. This is a VERY hard one for me...I am horrible at calling people back in a timely manner, answering e-mails, etc. I don't know why, I just am. I might e-mail back & forth, or call & then , I tend to just fall off the face of the earth. No excuses, I'm just bad like that, but I hope to break that habit this year....Wish me luck!

3.Sign up for a Hawaiian language course...every time this opportunity has come, something would happen & I end up NOT signing up for it ( usually lack of money...) but for personal reasons, I really REALLY will sign up for one!

4. Take a REAL vacation with JUST my family. Sounds kinda bad, I know, but it has been YEARS since we've taken a real vacation, where it's just us, in a different place & no agendas, no having to worry if we have Internet connections, so hubby can work, no, an honest to goodness real vacation, where we don't have to spend all our time running here & there & everywhere to catch up with family, etc...

I'm sure I could think of HUNDREDS of things to add to this list, but "baby steps" first & hey, if I can accomplish some of these, then there's always room for more! It IS only January....

Anywho, tell me some of your resolutions ( if you like...) sometimes seeing them in print helps them to become REAL, if that makes any sense....

'til next time, A hui hou,
Tina

No comments: